- Information Security
- Firmware Development
- IT & Networking - Other
- Software Dev, Data & Web - Other
Our client is a well-established international group with great products.
The company specializes in open source software and provides Linux and Cloud infrastructure solutions for enterprises.
To enhance the successful team, we are looking for a Distribution Engineer - Python Specialist.
Working fully remote or office-based in one of the company's locations across Europe.
We are looking for a software engineer with a good understanding of Linux distributions and Python. The ideal candidate has already gained some experience in developing software for a Linux distribution and understands the complex mechanic of package dependencies and the structure of a Linux system. The ideal candidate has actively developed software for Linux projects and has integrated these for use on Linux distributions.
In your role as Linux Distribution Engineer - Python Specialist you will:
• Interface with Project Managers, Product Managers, and Quality Assurance and with technology architects and experts.
• Provide the Python scripting language together with a set of plugins in order to deliver an enterprise-ready Python installation line of products.
• Act on errors showing up in our staging area to identify problems and fix these
• Work interactively with the upstream community to enhance, extend and improve the use of Python.
Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
• At least 2 years of experience in software development
• Good general understanding of a Linux Operating System
• Proficiency in Python and Python as a scripting language
• Very good system debugging skills
• Experience with building software packages for Linux systems
• Solid command of English to communicate successfully in a professional environment
• Experience with building a Linux distribution
• Familiarity with the RPM package format
• Broader hands-on experience in packaging software for Linux systems
• Very good understanding of Python as a scripting language and programming environment
• Great salary package – base and 10-20% performance bonus (depending on experience)
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Gold Plan Private Medical Insurance - covered 100% for outpatient treatment (including medications and vaccinations, inpatient and day-case treatments, maternity and childbirth benefits.
• The working hours are as flexible as possible
• Endless opportunities to learn
• Creative and productive work environment
• Career opportunities and freedom to express your opinion