Our client is a well-established international group with great products.
The company specializes in open source software and provides Linux and Cloud infrastructure solutions for enterprises.
To enhance the successful team, we are looking for a skilled Kernel Security Engineer.
Working fully remote or office-based in one of the office locations across Europe or in CA, USA!
Linux Kernel Security Engineer develops and maintains a selected subset of the security kernel infrastructure, both in the enterprise products and upstream.
The responsibilities namely include (but are not necessarily limited to) SELinux, IMA, LSM subsystem, in-kernel keyring management.
The developer collaborates actively, shares knowledge and further develops it in special interest groups, professional organizations and specialized conferences.
• Design and development of security features in Linux Kernel
• Working both with Linux Kernel upstream, as well as participating on maintainance of company’s kernel branches
• Developing and maintaining kernels for Linux-based products
• Technical analysis of problems and errors in the Linux Kernel
• Activities connected with participation in professional organizations and specialized conferences
• Excellent knowledge of the C programming language
• Good overview of Linux Kernel internals and implementation principles, with focus on core and/or security areas of the kernel
• Good knowledge of open-source community principles, with main focus on Linux Kernel development model and practices
• Good knowledge of the hardware of PCs and their peripherals
• Good knowledge of assembler language
• Good knowledge of Linux debugging tools
• Good spoken and written knowledge of English
• Accuracy and thoroughness
• Consideration and assertiveness independence
• Great salary package – base and 10-20% performance bonus (depending on experience)
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Gold Plan Private Medical Insurance - covered 100% for outpatient treatment (including medications and vaccinations, inpatient and day-case treatments, maternity and childbirth benefits.
• The working hours are as flexible as possible
• Endless opportunities to learn
• Creative and productive work environment
• Career opportunities and freedom to express your opinion