- Full Stack Development
Overview of work and responsibilities
You will be responsible for the design and development of new and existing features and components of our mobile application, as well as develop automation to assist our operational efficiency. You will be responsible for product development and review of code, as well as handling a small team of 3 developers. We are looking for someone who is able to adapt to the stack that has been used by our tech team to build our application (React Native, NodeJs and Postgres). You'll work with senior leadership, external development teams, and other stakeholders to help define and implement solutions. You will be required to see projects from conception to final product and work on maintenance solutions once the mobile application is
published and the operations system is launched.
● Support a small-sized engineering team on project development, particularly strategy and technical support
● Review technical design, perform code reviews, maintain functional and technical documentation for back end and front end
● Work on test strategy and methodology setup and optimization
● Stay up-to-date on relevant industry trends and best practices and constantly exchange ideas
● Provide post-implementation maintenance support encountered with the existing applications
● Ensure compliance with security, development and quality standards
Minimum skills and experience
● At least 4-7 years of relevant working experience
● BS/MS degree in a relevant field: Computer Engineering or EE
● Experience in implementing proper SDLC (software development life cycle)
● Experience in handling architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability, and flexibility issues
● Working knowledge of DevOps tools for source control and code branch strategy, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
● Comfortable with working in English
● Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, ability to coordinate with different local and global teams. Experience with project management tools (e.g. Jira, Trello, etc.)
● High attention to detail and meticulous in your work
● Strong sense of ownership over your work. Organized and a self-starter; able to scope projects and drive initiatives.
Experience and skills preferred
● Experience working with database management systems (NodeJS and Postgres) preferred
● Some familiarity with WooCommerce, WordPress preferred
Why should candidates work here?
Salary: from 2000$-negotiate
We represent a new breed of healthcare companies, at the forefront of revolutionizing how people receive medical treatment. We see ourselves continuing to grow to all new heights, and therefore are looking for someone with the skills to help us meet the technological demands that come with it.
You will be joining a young startup in a growth phase and you will also be working remotely (we don't intend to get an office anytime soon). This means a couple of things:
● Flexible schedule. You will have a more flexible schedule but you will also have to be prepared to fight fires at odd hours when you least expect.
● Pull your own weight. There'll be no hand-holding and we expect you to pull your own weight - like everyone else.
● You must be able to thrive in ambiguous situations (see point above).
● You are willing to put in the time to get the most out of any opportunity.
Building a strong team is key in our ambition to thrive as a company, as co-workers, and as individuals. Therefore, we are looking for someone equally dedicated and passionate, willing to put their best foot forward (go all stakes in) and take pride in what they do, because we do too.
If you are interested in joining us at this point in our journey and are someone who enjoys sticking their hands in the dirt and putting in the work to see something grow, then you're one of us.
Interview with Founding team > Code challenge > Interview with Tech team
Lead in office ideally. Our office is at 36 Carpenter Street.
1.How many total members in your team?
Right now, we are 10 between full-timers and part-timers
2. How many existing tech members?
We have 1 tech part-timer and 3 helping us on a contract basis
3. Working hours?
9:30am - 6:30pm SGT, Mon - Fri
4. Which background or company would you expect candidates to come from?
Ideally startups or SMEs/MNCs working in mobile app development