- Desktop Software Development
- User Research
Overview of work and responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features for our backend
- Supporting and maintaining the existing codebase
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Contributing in all phases of the development life cycle in an agile environment
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
Lead Search Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- PM's technical counterpart
- Defining the technical direction for the team and work effectively in the execution of the team's goal
- Promote a positive attitude and de-escalates conflict within the team
- Make sure our teamwork is always back on track whenever it's left behind
- Nurture the team culture. Customer-focused; embed a customer-focused culture in the team. Motivate and celebrate both big and small wins for the team, and individual team members' achievements. Fosters effective communication within the team
- A record of creating improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Involve in people development (e.g. hiring, coaching, mentoring, etc), in order to continuously ensure the team capacity-high-quality engineers with the right skill set.
Minimum skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or min 6 years working experience in designing, building and deploying high-availability backend services in an architect or senior development role
- Experience with RDBMS and document-oriented DB
- Advanced Knowledge of Elasticsearch queries (preferred), Sphinx, SOLR, or any Lucene-based search, index configuration options, sharding, aliases, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms (optional)
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools such as Go module
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Gorilla
- Router packages, such as Chi
- Go's templating language
- Go's code generation tools, such as Stringer
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
General Requirements as Lead Engineer:
- Experience managing small team, 3-5 engineers
- Advanced problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent in prioritization
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
Experience and skills preferred
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
Why should candidates work here?
HappyFresh is the fastest-growing online grocery marketplace in South-East Asia and Asia's Best Company to Work For 2019. Headquartered in Jakarta, we have expanded to major cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the #FreshlyHandpicked quality groceries to thousands of customers.
As a company, we are here to deliver a simplified life by providing an easy grocery shopping experience with a high-quality service. With our HappyFresh Culture, we believe we can achieve our goals with you in it.
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; provided to HappyFreshers allowance for health activities and health-related items
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Work-from-home days
- Laptop provided
- 12 days of paid leave per year, plus an additional 1 day off for every work anniversary
- HappyFit; a free & fun exercise time along with HappyFreshers inviting professional trainers
- HappyMind; a psychological consultation program with experts from Clinician, to keep your mental health in track
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Occasional celebration for when we achieve something big together!
HackerRank Test - Technical Interview - Final Round Interview
1/ Open to ex-pats who are living in Asia (Vietnam, Hongkong, Philippines, Singapore, India,… especially Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand) - as long as the timezone is not too far away (3 hours difference from Jakarta timezone at maximum) 2/ Working hours: 9AM - 6PM, Mon - Fri (Jakarta time) 3/ Company size: 300+ members 4/ Tech team size: 120+ members 5/ Interview process: HR quick phone screen > HackerRank Test (3-5 days) > Technical Interview with Hiring Manager > Final Round Interview with CTO 6/ Prefer candidates from consulting and internet product-based companies. For example, the candidate who used to work at Nielsen and then Grab > Perfect fit. 7/ The main reason for rejection: - failed HackerRank test - lack of problem-solving (at their current companies, not have experience in handling big problems, not like Happy Fresh, we are very lean) 8/ We have the physical office in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand 9/ Good English communication