- Technical Translation
What does an Operations Manager look like for us? It is someone who can create order out of chaos, someone who can take the ideas and make them real.
They drive execution. Someone who can provide clarity and ensure the right communication is happening throughout the business. They are often the glue holding people or departments together.
- A starting salary of $2000- $3000 per month plus an annual bonus based on performance
- Work remotely
- Potential for salary growth as the company scales
- Full-time position - work 40h per week Monday - Friday, ideally with a 4-hour overlap between our day (GMT+7)
- 20 days of paid holiday per year
- Growth with an exponentially growing company
Main purpose of the role:
- Be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value;
- Organise and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Support and coach people to get the best out of them.
- Put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coach members of the team as needed to optimise the efficiency of the team.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
Although we count on your experience and skills for you to excel as our Operations Manager, support will be provided to you to ensure a smooth transition to our team.
You will work closely with the leadership team to take vision and ideas and make them happen.
Tools we use to communicate and manage tasks
As our ideal candidate, you should have:
- A BA or BS or equivalent experience (2+ years)
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain a high level of trust and confidence.
- Proven ability to lead projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- A creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
Brownie points for:
- Experience with Slack, Trello (or other CRM software)
- G-Suite proficiency
- Experience in Agile project management
Our perfect Operations Manager is:
- able to work across departments and understand when and how cross team communication is key
- Comfortable working with data and measurements
- Familiar with the right balance of getting things done versus keeping leadership informed (decision making)
- Able to hold people accountable for outcomes
- Open-minded and willing to learn
- Able to maintain a positive attitude even in difficult situations
- Able to efficiently manage a remote team