- Project Management
As the new Operations Specialist, you will:
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks such as pre-screening the online truck driver applicants, and sorting the leads into categories for the Phone Recruiting/Sales Team to call
- Generate SMS lists from the database according to their internal processes
- Send SMS messages and email blasts to drivers in the database as needed
- Refresh advertising as needed, and be responsible for maintaining parts of the ad strategy
- Organize & update the promotional SMS & email templates as needed, for example when job details are updated
- Check clients’ websites at regular intervals for new jobs that need to be filled
- Work with the company CRM to organize and edit driver data as needed
- Take the lead on projects under the mentorship of the CEO, including updating & automating systems and internal processes
- Reorganise SOPs
- Research and improve app solutions and analytics
- Work with existing spreadsheets to track key data metrics, and update and improve spreadsheets and data analytics as needed
There are two key objectives for this role:
- Assisting the Team, and in particular the Phone Recruiters, in hiring more truck drivers by providing administrative support. This will include pre-screening inbound applicant leads, reposting job advertisements on job boards and lead sources, and sending email/SMS templates out to drivers as needed. (Note, you will NOT ever be required to be on the phones in this role)
- Oversee and improve the company’s administrative processes, and take the lead on special projects as needed to help grow and improve the Admin department's capabilities. The company is an industry leader in using data to hire truck drivers. You will oversee this, and as time goes on, help to improve these processes.
You will be trained by the CEO on the company's basic tools and processes and will be given more responsibility for specific tasks as you become more comfortable. The first week will consist of 5-6 hours of training per day, starting at 2 PM CET. You will meet the rest of the team members, review the company culture and learn more about the tools the company uses (Slack, Asana, Dialpad, email/SMS templates, CRM, etc). You will be learning via both the SOP videos and mentoring sessions with the CEO, and will also be trained on the basics of the industry, how it all works, and the key terminology.
As time goes on, after your training, you’ll have weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions with the CEO, but will largely be given task responsibilities to accomplish on your own. Part of this will be assisting the Phone Recruiters as needed, and prioritizing your day according to the most important and time-sensitive tasks.
This is a 30-hour-per-week position to start (as time goes this can turn into 40 hours per week as you take on more responsibilities), and you need to be available six hours from Monday to Friday in the period from 2 PM to 8 PM CET.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need:
- Experience working remotely
- Experience as a virtual assistant in administrative tasks/operations/support
- Project management experience
- Experience using CRM
- Excellent English skills
- Tech savviness, quick on computers
- Great self-organization
Bonus points for:
- Experience in basic editing, writing, copywriting and/or emails
- Experience with SMS-based, or email-based customer support
- Spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets)
The ideal candidate is self-driven and accountable, with the ability to clearly communicate and understand what they need to do to get the job done. There won’t be constant supervision, but you need to have accountability and responsibility to complete the tasks on time. Even if you haven’t done something before, you need to have the confidence to practice and learn new skills. The processes at Big Easy Recruiting are constantly evolving, so you need to be willing and able to figure stuff out.
If you are someone who is highly self-organized and enjoys this type of work, go ahead and apply!
What’s in it for you?
- $1300 - 1500* per month
- 30 hours per week
- Fully remote
- Opportunities for growth
- A salaried job with paid days off
*Please note that this is a gross salary and that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.